Many people don’t realize the importance of flossing for oral health as well as overall health. A large group of people don’t like to take the extra time it takes to give the space between your teeth the extra love and care they deserve. Everyone needs to realize that your dental health is a direct reflection of the health of the rest of your body. Most dental plaque can be removed with proper brushing, but the plaque left behind can be detrimental to your health. There are over 500 different types of bacteria and millions of other germs found in your common plaque. These germs and bacteria can be very harmful to both your teeth and gums if not removed.
5 Reasons to Floss:
- Protect your teeth from cavities and tooth decay.
- Gum disease. Gingivitis is directly caused when plaque accumulates around and in between your teeth. Flossing is vital to help remove this plaque and keep your mouth clean and healthy.
- Nobody likes bad breath. Flossing thoroughly each day will help prevent gum disease and tooth decay which can cause halitosis.
- Harmful bacteria that builds up from failing to floss can enter your body and effect vital organs like your heart. Flossing helps eliminate these harmful bacterium from entering your body and blood stream.
- Flossing helps to prevent tartar build up. Tartar is dental plaque that can only be removed by a dental professional.
Neglecting your oral health can have a negative effect on your body’s overall health and well being. Be proactive and take a few extra minutes each day to floss…your body will thank you.
By Aesthetic Smile Designs
May 6, 2016